of Carlton Works, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Telephone: Hanley 4205. Cables: "Wiltshaw, Stoke-on-Trent" (1929)
Ditto Address. (1947)
- 1890 J. F. Wiltshaw formed a partnership with J. and W. Robinson and initially traded as Wiltshaw and Robinson.
- c1893 They registered the name Carlton Ware or Carltonware and traded until the 1970's.
- The key to their longevity was the quality of Carlton ware which was never compromised even when items were sold for little profit. The range of Carlton ware products changed with the fashion of the days.
- Blush Ware led to the Art Deco age and heavily enamelled and gilded pieces.
- 1929 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Decorative Pottery. (Stand No. G.44) 
- In the 1930s came a range called "Handcraft" which has a more "arts and crafts" look and until the 1960s embossed Tea Ware and in the 1970s novelty Walking Ware.
- 1947 Advert in British Industries Fair Catalogue as Exhibiting Member of the British Pottery Manufacturers' Federation of Federation House, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Composite Exhibit. (Pottery and Glassware Section - Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. A.1219) 
Sources of Information