Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 137,480 pages of information and 221,873 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Difference between revisions of "William Firth (Company)"

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 17: Line 17:
 
1878 The business became '''William Firth''', under [[William Firth (1835-1892)]]
 
1878 The business became '''William Firth''', under [[William Firth (1835-1892)]]
  
1892 The business was run by the Executors of William Firth.  
+
1892 William died; the business was run by the Executors of William Firth.  
  
 
1898 Incorporated as a Limited Company.
 
1898 Incorporated as a Limited Company.

Latest revision as of 18:38, 16 January 2020

May 1896.
June 1898.
February 1901.
January 1902.
1902.
September 1902.

of Water Lane, Leeds.(1914)

of Greek Street Chambers, Leeds, Iron and Steel Merchants and Contractors' Plant and Machinery Merchants (1914)

1823 Established by George Firth, iron merchants, serving the collieries and later the railways.

1863 The business became Frederick Firth and William Firth

1878 The business became William Firth, under William Firth (1835-1892)

1892 William died; the business was run by the Executors of William Firth.

1898 Incorporated as a Limited Company.

1898 Advert: rails.

1914 Directors: William Firth, Douglas A. Firth, grandsons of the founder. One of the oldest firms in the trade. Specialities: Iron and Steel Bars, Channels, Joists, &c.

1926 They removed their offices from Greek Street Chambers, Leeds, to larger premises with stores and yard attached, known as Cavendish Road Works.[1]

1964 Joint owners with Empire Rib of Raine and Co (Sheerness)[2].

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. The Engineer 1926/04/02
  2. The Times, 4 November 1964