Makers of Jacob's Cream Crackers, of Dublin.
Pre-1839: Established in Waterford, Ireland, making Ship's Biscuits. Later moved to Bishop Street, Dublin.
1851 W. and R. Jacob and Co, sweet biscuit-making began.
1850-60s The company grew to be Dublin's second-largest employer, after Guinness.
1883 W. and R. Jacob and Co Ltd.
Jacob's Cream Crackers was introduced to the UK market.
1913 Despite being well looked after, the workers at the company joined the Great Strike and Lock Out, being the last to return to work.
Jacob's Biscuits became famous across the UK and world.
1914 Liverpool Factory opened.
1922 A separate English company was formed. The Dublin branch retained the W. and R. Jacob name, while the Liverpool branch was renamed Jacob's Bakery Ltd.
1951 The Dublin company issued shares
1952 W and R Jacob (Liverpool) Ltd doubled its issued share capital
1959 Opened a new depot in Plympton to cope with demand from Devon and Cornwall