Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,878 pages of information and 232,615 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Morriston, Swansea, South Wales
Situated approximately 3 miles from Swansea, the Upper Forest Works was the first of its kind in Morriston. 
1845 The works were commenced by William Hallam, on the site of a gist mill. The tin works were worked by water power at its humble beginning when it consisted of one mill. Possibly W. Hallam and Co
1868 The Worcester Works were opened; a company formed by William Williams of Maes-y-gwernen Hall, Llangyfelach.
The works later absorbed the Upper Forest Works; the combined undertaking was responsible for a large proportion of the output of the Port.
1898 The works were registered as the Upper Forest and Worcester Steel and Tinplate Works Ltd in October, and over the years frequently changed hands. The buildings of the two works covered an area of 20 acres and in addition, 40 acres of supplementary land were included in the firm's property.
1937 British Industries Fair Advert for Welsh Tinplate Works. As part of Richard Thomas and Co. Tinplate, Blackplate, Galvanizing and Sheet Mills. (Engineering/Metals/Quarry, Roads and Mining/Transport Section - Stand No. D.328) 
1960/61 The works were completely demolished during 1960-61; the site was cleared in order to prepare the way for its future occupation by other industry.