The Engineer 1883/03/09
1883 March 09th PDF
- Details of Pumping Engines, Whitwood Sewerage Works, Joshua Horne, Engineer, p 180 and 192 (Illustrated)
- Editorial, p 189.
- Ventilation of the Metropolitan District Railway.
- The United States Tariff.
- Coolie Immigration.
- Electric Fire Alarm.
- Projected Canals in Germany.
- Electrical Transmission of Power, by Professor Oliver J. Lodge, p 179.
- Electromotive Torch, p 193.
- Inner Circle Completion Railway, Mansion House to Tower Hill Section, (II), John Hawkshaw and J. Wolfe Barry, p 184. (Illustrated)
- Institution of Civil Engineers, James Brunlees, President. Covered Service Reservoirs, by William Morris, p 180.
- International Exhibition at Nice, p 180.
- Letters to the Editor, p 182 and p 186.
- Liverpool Engineering Society, Henry Bramall in the Chair. The Pittsburgh, McKeesport and Youghiogheny Railroad, by M. E. Yeatman, p 180.
- Machine for Picking Cotton, p 193.
- Paper Pulleys, p 181. (Illustrated)
- Patent Journal, p 195.
- Society of Engineers, Jabez Church, President. New System of Treating Faecal Matter, by Harry Olrick, p 193.
- Taylor's Initial Stability Indiacator for Ships, p 181. (Illustrated)
- Torpedo Boat collision, p 181. (Illustrated)