- Check that the page doesn't already exist, but under a slightly different title by using a broad search term and checking through the results.
- Never use the '&' (ampersand) in a page name - it will probably never be found again!
- Always abbreviate 'Company' to 'Co' in page names
- Do not use 'Ltd' / 'plc' and similar in page titles as companies change their legal status during their life-time
- Body text should be short paragraphs (unbulleted) and commence with a year or date whenever possible.
- Paragraphs are listed in date order ascending, so list by earliest reference first.
- Try and give the reference to each paragraph of information using the 'ref' button in the edit bar above.
- Where most of the page information comes from a single source then include that under the 'References' section in the page footer
When using the 'Edit Tab' at the top of the page, the edit function buttons will appear to aid the creation and organisation of your page.
- Bold, Italic text and clickable links to other Grace's Guide pages can be achieved by using the edit buttons where necessary.
Adding an image
- The house style is to use thumbnail images, aligned to the right, in chronologically ascending order.
- Assign as many suitable categories as possible referring to the 'All Categories list' as necessary.
- All company pages should have a category 'Town - xxxx' or 'Country - xxxx'
All person pages should have categories for 'Biography' and 'Biography - xxxx' and 'Births - #### - ####' and 'Deaths #### - ####'
- For person pages, add in the default sort script the Surname first followed by Forenames, so that it will appear in the correctly in alphabetical order within it's category listings.
- For an example, please use the edit tab to view the 'hidden' script below.
- All pages need the following code at the bottom (immediately before the 'Category' tag) (Use Edit tab to see the code)
Sources of Information