J. and R. Tennent of Wellpark Brewery, Glasgow.
- 1740 Hugh and Robert Tennent founded a brewery business in Glasgow.
- 1769 John and Robert Tennent, Hugh's sons, were running the family business under the company name of J. and R. Tennent.
- 1790s The business expanded when the Tennent family purchased the neighbouring brewery of William McLehose, and renamed the 5-acre site Wellpark Brewery.
- 1881 Hugh Tennent, the great-great-grandson of the original Hugh Tennent, created the first lager brewed in Scotland, Tennent's Lager.
- 1884 Hugh Tennent gained control of the company.
- The company make Tennent's Lager and Tennent's Super.
-  Tennents Official Website
Sources of Information
-  Wikipedia
- Trademarked. A History of Well-Known Brands - from Aertex to Wright's Coal Tar by David Newton. Pub: Sutton Publishing 2008 ISBN 978-0-7509-4590-5