Taylor and Francis
1803 Richard Taylor (1781-1858) established himself in partnership with his father in Blackhorse Court, Fleet Street, as a printers, subsequently moving to Shoe Lane, and finally to Red Lion Court, Fleet Street, where the firm ultimately developed into Taylor and Francis.
His younger brother Arthur was his partner from 1814 to 1823, and his nephew, John Edward Taylor, joined him from 1837 to 1851.
1852 His illegitimate son, Dr. William Francis, became his partner and subsequently head of the firm.
Taylor and his partners produced major works in natural history, as well as fine editions of the classics.