of Dallow Street, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Telephone: Burton-on-Trent 2029. Telegraphic Address: "Stocal"
c1913/14 A factory to produce enamelled steel tiles was opened by Stocal Enamelled Tile and Iron Co Ltd, in Dallow Road.
By 1919 it specialised in making enamel advertising signs.
1925 The firm became Stocal Enamels Ltd.
1934 Patent - Improvements relating to light reflecting devices or units for advertising, road and other signs, signals and the like.
1937 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Vitreous Enamelled Table Tops, Draining Boards, Hearth Plates, Sinks, Advertising Signs. (Stand Nos. A.421 and A.316)
Employed over 300 people in the late 1930s.
1950 Patent - Improvements relating to supporting brackets for draining boards.
1952 It was still in business.
By 1957 it had been closed, when the site was taken over by Renold Chains.