St. Kilda and Brighton Railway Co
The St Kilda and Brighton Railway Company of Victoria, Australia.
1853 November. A Bill was introduced in the Parliament of Victoria for incorporation of a company to be called the "Melbourne, St. Kilda and Brighton Railway Company".
1855 December. Another Bill was planned to be presented to Parliament to incorporate the "St. Kilda and Brighton Railway Company". Charles Hotson Ebden was chairman of directors of the Company.
The contractor for the line was William Randle who had completed the Sydney-Parramatta line
1858 Opened a line from St Kilda in Melbourne, Australia to Bay Street (now North Brighton)
1861 Opened an extension to Beach (now Brighton Beach)
1865 The St. Kilda and Brighton Railway Co and the Melbourne and Suburban Railway Co were taken over by the Melbourne and Hobson's Bay Railway Co and the combined company was known as the Melbourne and Hobson's Bay United Railway Co.