Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,437 pages of information and 230,044 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
A 'Class A' viaduct across the Trenance valley 0.5 mile west of St. Austell Railway Station.
115 feet high, 720 feet long on 10 piers.
Replaced by a new stone viaduct in 1899.
There was a siding located west of the viaduct. In the early years trains from St Austell had to push wagons over the tall, curving viaduct to shunt this siding. The Great Western Railway's instructions stated that: "Trucks may be pushed from St. Austell to the Siding, but when this is done the speed of the Train between the two places must not exceed 8 miles an hour, and the head Guard must ride on the leading vehicle, unless it be a bonnet end one, in which case he must ride in the first low sided vehicle from it, to keep a good look out, and be prepared to give a signal to the Driver either by Day or Night, as may be required."