Siemens Electric Lamps and Supplies
A subsidiary of Siemens Brothers and Co of 38-9 Upper Thames Street, London, EC4, with lamp factory at Preston.
1923 English Electric Co and Siemens Brothers and Co, principal shareholders in English Electric and Siemens Supplies, transferred their lamp manufacturing plant at Dalston and Preston to the JV company which would henceforth manage these facilities. Name changed to Siemens and English Electric Lamp Co Ltd, with registered office at Caxton House, Westminster. Products included lamps, wires, fuses, wireless apparatus, telephones and instruments.
By 1927, presumably had changed its name (and ownership??) to Siemens Electric Lamps and Supplies Ltd
1934 Patent x 2 - Improvements in electric discharge lamps.
1937 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Electric Lamps. (Stand No. A.607).
1937 Electrical engineers. "Full O' Power" Batteries. "Siemens" Electric Lamps, Cables, Wires and Telephones. "Sieray" Electric Discharge Lamps.
1938 Member of Cable Makers' Association
1954 Principal home subsidiary of Siemens Brothers and Co
Sources of Information
- The Times, 8 January 1923
- The Times, 22 May 1931
- * 1937 British Industries Fair p412
- * 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries