1961. Scotland's high pressure gas distribution system.
1961. Section of the 12 inch steel pipe in Clackmannanshire, on the northern appraoch to the River Forth.
1948 One of 12 Area Gas Boards established by the government to operate the nationalised gas industry, each a separate body with its own management structure.
1961 Senior personnel:
- Chairman Sydney Smith, C.B.E., M.INST.GAS E., F.INST.F.
- Deputy Chairman H. R. Hart, T.D., M.S.M.A., F.s.s.
- Full-time Member D. D. Melvin, M.INST.GAS E.
- Part-time Members
- The Right Honourable the Earl of Balfour, F .R.S .A.
- Sir John Carmichael, K .B .E.
- F. Donachy, O.B.E.
- The Right Honourable the Lord Geddes, C.B.E., D.L., M.A.
- Sir David Milne, G.C.B.
- Sir Robert Nimmo, J .P. (Chairman of the Consultative Council)
- Principal Officers
- Secretary A. T. Herd Chief Engineer T. S. Ricketts, M.INST.GAS E.
- Chief Financial Officer A. F. Pollock, M.A., B.COM., C.A.
- Area Manager D. Beavis, A.M.I.MECH.E., M.INST.GAS E. 
1973 The Area Boards became Regions of the British Gas Corporation.
Sources of Information