Samuel Denison and Son
of Atlas Foundry, Leeds.
of Hunslet Foundry, Moor Road, Leeds 10
of Carr Moor, Leeds.
1770 Company established by Thomas Glover.
1820 Company name changed when Glover was succeeded by his cousin Samuel Denison.
1834 Listed as a whitesmith, scale beam, screw press and weighing machine maker. 
1904 Private company.
1914 Weighing machinists and ironfounders. Specialities: automatic weighing machinery and testing machines from 100 lb to 300 tons capacity.
1920 Acquired by W. and T. Avery
1937 Weighing and testing machines. 
1938 Advertising 'Dilo' wheel balancers for locomotives (scales indicating weight on each wheel).
1960 Advert. Universal testing machines from 10 to 50 tons capacity. 
1961 Weighing and testing machine makers. 300 employees. 
- Cast iron weighing machine base exhibited at Armley Mill Museum
Sources of Information
- General & Commercial Directory of Leeds, 1834
- The Engineer 1889/08/02
- 1914 Whitakers Red Book
- 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries
- The Railway Gazette, 30 Nov 1938
- Mechanical World Year Book 1960. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p101
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE