of Meteor Works, Lode Lane, Birmingham
Rover was a British manufacturer of bicycles, motorcycles and cars.
- 1896 Became a public company. The Rover Cycle Co was registered on 13 June to take over the business of J. K. Starley and Co. 
- 1906 H. Smith is MD of the Rover Cycle Co.
- 1905 The name was changed in November from the Rover Cycle Co to the Rover Co.
- See Rover: Cars
- See Rover: Cycles
Sources of Information
- The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908
-  Wikipedia on Rover Cars
- Trademarked. A History of Well-Known Brands - from Aertex to Wright's Coal Tar by David Newton. Pub: Sutton Publishing 2008 ISBN 978-0-7509-4590-5