Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,439 pages of information and 233,876 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Richard Duckering

From Graces Guide

Revision as of 06:33, 20 May 2017 by Ait (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
1892. Double Grinding Mill.
1892. Pearling Mill.
January 1906. 'Lincoln' hand power trusser.
January 1906.
December 1908.
December 1908.

of Waterside Works, Lincoln. Later known as Charles Duckering and Duckerings

1845 Company established by Richard Duckering (1825-1870) as Burton and Duckering. The works were started as an iron and brass foundry for the manufacture of kitchen ranges and agricultural implements

1856. Advertisement. 'AGRICULTURAL IRON WORKS, Waterside South, LINCOLN. RICHARD DUCKERING respectfully returns his grateful acknowledgements to his numerous friends for the patronage has received for several years, and begs to state that he has enlarged his Premises, so as to enable him to execute all orders committed to his care with despatch. R. D. manufactures and supplies every description of Plough Castings, Chilled Plough Shares, superior Cart and Waggon Bushes. Pipe Bushes chilled superior to the Patent Bushes now in use, all kinds of Drill and Machine Castings, and all kinds of Land Roll Castings, Kitchen Ranges with Ovens and Boilers of every variety. Cast and Wrought-Iron Fencing of any design contracted for, or sold by weight. Scale and Machine Weights of all sorts. Columns, either hollow or solid, of any size, ornamental or plain, to suit any description of building. Brass Castings, made of the best materials for wear for machinery, of any degree of hardness, according to order....'[1]

The founder was followed by his son, Charles Duckering, who retired from the business in 1912, and died five years later.

1917 Richard Duckering (grandson of the founder) took over the business

1920 Became a limited liability company.

1930 Took over the drawings for locomotives from Clayton Wagons of Lincoln.

See Also


Sources of Information

  1. Stamford Mercury - Friday 18 April 1856