March 1820 R. Down, iron founder, Bridgwater, Somerset, declared bankrupt 
1820 Advertisement: 'TO BE LET, For a Term of 5, 7, or 14 years, from Michaelmas next, ALL that large and commodious Building called the GLASS HOUSE. Situate on the banks of the navigable river Parret, in Bridgwater, in the county of Somerset, wherein an Iron Foundry has for some years last past been carried on with great success, together with the Landing Place and Spacious Coal Yard thereto adjoining. And also a very desirable Dwelling House, with under ground Cellars, Garden, Stable, Counting House, and Cottage for workmen. The premises are well adapted for a Brewery, or any other extensive concern, and are now in the occupation of Richard Down, whose Lease expires at Michaelmas next. For taking the same, application may be made personally, or by letters post paid, to Messrs. Boys and Son, Solicitors, Bridgwater. Bridgwater, Sept. 2, 1820' 
A small bridge in Mark, Somerset, has a cast iron arch bearing the information "R DOWN 1824 B. WATER" . See photos.
1829 Advertisement: 'IRON AND BRASS FOUNDRY, BRIDGWATER.
RICHARD DOWN informs his Friends and the public that he has relinquished Business in favour of Messrs. BROWNES, WATSON, and MURCH. He returns his best thanks for the support he has received for upwards of twenty years, and solicits a continuance of it for his successors.'
Sources of Information
- Royal Cornwall Gazette, 16 March 1820
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser, 20 September 1820
-  Somerset Historic Environment Record 29522, Somerset County Council, 2014
-  Somerset Historic Environment Record 13315, Somerset County Council, 2014
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser, 28 January 1829