Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 138,129 pages of information and 223,036 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Part of Easterbrook, Allcard and Co
The Presto trademark appeared in 1907 followed in 1911 by the Greyhound trademark, later registered as “Two Dogs.”
1995 The new owners core business was property and leisure and they soon decided to sell off 'Presto', which was prepared for sale by even more cost cutting and reduction of the workforce.
In October 1997, exactly 100 years from its incorporation, Kennametal Hertel Ltd acquired Presto Engineers Cutting Tools Ltd, new owners who would bring new life and prosperity to this much-respected Sheffield firm.
2006 June. Presto return to an independent state as Suncraft International purchased the Presto brand from Kennametal. It also saw a welcome return of the famous trademarked Presto sign to Penistone road, Sheffield.
2012 Relocated from the original site on Penistone Road, Sheffield, to a 25,000 Sq Ft warehouse in Chapeltown, Sheffield.