Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,369 pages of information and 233,846 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Percival Storey (1864-1910)
1910 Obituary 
PERCIVAL STOREY was born at Oundle, Northamptonshire, on 13th December 1864, and was educated at Oundle Grammar School.
He then served an apprenticeship of six years in his father's works at Oundle, after which he was engaged as draughtsman and assistant manager, and during that period he devoted much time to the study of electricity.
After a year in the employment of the late Mr. Henry J. Rogers, of the Watford Engineering Works, he became electrician in charge of the installation at Hatfield House, the seat of the Marquess of Salisbury, where he remained until 1897.
In that year he was appointed to carry out the installation of the electric lighting undertaking then being initiated by the Corporation of Torquay, and in the following year was appointed Borough Electrical Engineer.
This post he held until his death, which took place at Torquay on 25th March 1910, at the age of forty-five.
He became a Member of this Institution in 1903.
1910 Obituary 
PERCIVAL STOREY died on April 1, 1910, after a very long illness.
He was educated at Oundle School, and from 1880 to 1891 was with the Orchard Engineering Works, Oundle, becoming assistant manager.
In 1891 he worked under the late Marquis of Salisbury, and in 1898 joined the London office of the Torquay electricity undertaking, from which he was appointed borough engineer of Torquay shortly afterwards.
He was 45 years old at the time of his death, and was elected an Associate Member of the Institution in 1904.