Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,369 pages of information and 233,846 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Parfitt and Jenkins

From Graces Guide

Revision as of 14:30, 17 March 2020 by PaulF (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Parfitt and Jenkins of Cardiff were general engineers and shipbuilders

1857 Advertisement. Parfitt and Jenkins (late F. Catleugh), Hayes Foundry, Cardiff, Engineers, Millwrights and Agricultural Implement Makers...'[1]

1871 Listed as Parfitt and Jenkins of the Tubal Cain Engine Works, and manufacturers of ‘locomotive, marine and stationary engines and boilers, points, crossings, turntables, cranes and railway bridges'.[2]

1878 Patent. '4788. To George Parfitt, of the firm Parfitt and Jenkins, Tubal Cain Iron Works and Hayes Foundry, Cardiff; in the county of Glamorgan, for the invention of "improvements in street and like gratings."'[3]

1881 Acquired by Cardiff Junction Dry Dock and Engineering Co

See Also


Sources of Information

  1. Cardiff and Merthyr Guardian, Glamorgan, Monmouth, and Brecon Gazette - Saturday 31 January 1857
  2. 1871 Kelly’s Post Office Directory
  3. The London Gazette Publication date:4 January 1878 Issue:24538 Page:77