Battery manufacturers, of Denton, Manchester.
1911 Manufacturer of mechanical items for collieries and hat manufacturer.
Orlando's son, John was apprenticed to the company; he developed a battery for the miners' lamps they made (which previously had been made with Chloride batteries), which was the prototype of a major line of products for the business.
1920 Private company.
Post-WWI The business was led by Orlando's three sons - John, George and Edward. They took the business into (rechargeable) batteries for radios and then into car batteries
1937 Battery manufacturers. "Oldham" Batteries.
1939 See Aircraft Industry Suppliers
Post-WWII expansion into overseas markets through exports and by establishing overseas subsidiaries
1947 Company made public.
1960 Advert for batteries for mining.
1961 Manufacturers of electrical equipment, electrical storage batteries, miners' electrical safety lamps, also general engineers, manufacturing fur-felting machinery for the hat manufacturing industry. 1,000 employees.
1963 Motor Show exhibitor. Batteries.
1965 Following the death of John Oldham, his son Orlando became chairman