Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,458 pages of information and 230,061 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Difference between revisions of "North Thames Gas Board"

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search
Line 16: Line 16:
 
* [[Slough Gas and Coke Co]]
 
* [[Slough Gas and Coke Co]]
 
* [[Southend Gas Co|Southend-on-Sea County Borough Corporation]]
 
* [[Southend Gas Co|Southend-on-Sea County Borough Corporation]]
* [[Uxbridge, Maidenhead Wycombe and District Gas Co]]
+
* [[Uxbridge, Maidenhead, Wycombe and District Gas Co]]
 
* [[Windsor Royal Gaslight Co]]
 
* [[Windsor Royal Gaslight Co]]
  

Revision as of 10:55, 29 March 2020

1955. Part of a horizontal retort house.[1]
1959.

The North Thames Gas Board was a state-owned utility providing gas for light and heat to industries and homes in part of England. The Board's area included parts of the County of London, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Middlesex and Surrey. The Board was established on 1 May 1949.

The Board took over the following local authority and privately owned gas production and supply utilities:

1973 The board was dissolved when the business became a region of the British Gas Corporation.

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. Oxford Junior Encyclopaedia. Volume VIII. Engineering. Oxford University Press, 1955.