North British (Diesel) Engine Works, 739 South Street Whiteinch, Glasgow.
1913-14 The Works were erected and a fitting-out tidal basin was then formed.
1922 the North British Engine Co was re-registered as the North British Diesel Engine Works (1922) Ltd
1925 North British Diesel Engine Works (1922) Ltd went into voluntary liquidation, its assets being acquired by Barclay, Curle and Co Ltd.
1968 The North British Engine Works was awarded contracts for marine machinery