Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 138,037 pages of information and 222,628 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
National Fuse Filling Factories were established by the Ministry of Munitions
Original function: spindle factory of Jonathan Hattersley and Son Ltd. Opened: Early 1916. Management: Leeds Munitions Committee which acquired the rights to manufacture the No. 106 fuse from the Leeds Munition Co Ltd. Munitions: No.106 type fuse. Notes: This factory became National Ordnance Factory No. 4.
Original function: unknown. Opened: early 1916. Management: Leeds Munitions Committee. Munitions: assembly and gauging. Notes: became National Ordnance Factory No. 6.
Original function: unknown. Management: Leeds Munitions Committee. Munitions: fuzes. Notes: became National Ordnance Factory No. 5.
Construction started: date unknown. New factory of George Kent Ltd. Opened: June 1916. Management: George Kent Ltd. Munitions: No. 80 fuse.
Construction started 1916 Opened 1917 Management: Board of Management Munitions: Fuses; aeroplane bolts (1918)