Landore Copper Works
1716 Dr John Lane moved his operations from Neath Abbey to Landore where he founded the first Swansea Copper Works.
1726 Lane became bankrupt; Robert Morris took over the works as receiver until he eventually secured sufficient capital to buy the works in 1727.
1728 Morris became a partner, as Lockwood, Morris and Co
There is some evidence that this works was still working in 1741.
1748 The works at Llangyfelach ceased to operate and were moved further up the valley to Fforest.
1875 Was part of Williams, Foster and Co
Sources of Information
- Copper in the Neath Valley