James Bimson (1806- ) of Clarington Brook Forge, Wigan
Partnership formerly Whittle and Bimson
1851 Living at Clarington Brook, Ince, Wigan: James Bimson (age 46 born Standish, Lancs), Spade Maker 33 men, Ironfounder 31 men. With his wife Margaret Bimson (age 47 born Wigan) and their three children; James Bimson (age 22 born Wigan), Bookkeeper; Margaret Bimson (age 17 born Wigan); and Elizabeth Bimson (age 7 born Wigan).
1856 Mentioned. 'Mr. James Bimson, junior, manager of an iron foundry and forge belonging to Mr. James Bimson, senior.'
1857 Death of his wife. 'Margaret, wife of Mr. James Bimson, spade manufacturer'
1863 'James Bimson, for spades, £17 11s. 0d,'
See William Park and Co who later worked from Clarington Forge as Spade Makers
Sources of Information
- 1851 Census
- London Gazette Publication date:11 November 1853 Issue:21493 Page:3066
- Liverpool Mercury - Saturday 09 August 1856
- Wigan Observer and District Advertiser - Saturday 19 July 1856
- Wigan Observer and District Advertiser - Friday 11 December 1857
- Bolton Chronicle - Saturday 13 June 1863
- Wigan Observer and District Advertiser - Saturday 19 October 1872