J. E. Hutton Ltd
of Shaftesbury Avenue, London; of 23 Regent Street, London; of Northallerton (1900-1902); of Thames Ditton (1903-1905)
1900-1905 Maker of the Hutton light car.
1904 November. Details of the 10-hp car.
1905 The company was wound up and a new company of the same name was incorporated
Princeps were motorcycles produced between 1903 and 1905 and sold by J. E. Hutton Ltd.
The choice of belt or chain drive was offered to customers, and the range comprised a 2.25hp single and a 4hp V-twin, plus a forecar.
There was talk of a five-speed gear and free-engine metal-to-metal clutch, but the slump in trade soon put an end to the make.
Sources of Information
- Automotor Journal 1904/03/26
- Automotor Journal 1904/04/02
- Automotor Journal 1904/05/07
- Automotor Journal 1904/05/14
- Automotor Journal 1904/05/21
- The Autocar 1904/04/02
- The Autocar 1904/04/09
- The Autocar 1904/04/16
- The Autocar 1904/11/05
- London Gazette 5 December 1905
- The London Gazette 25 August 1908
- 1912 RAC Directory