J. Bailey and Co
Albion Works, Salford.
1863 John Bailey and Co, turret clock makers, brassfounders, steam and water gauge makers, copying press makers, of Albion Clock and Brass Works, 9 Essex St, Oldfield Road, Salford and Goree Piazza, Liverpool.
1865 John's son William inherited his father's business at Albion Works after John retired. Business now manufacturing steam pumps, ram pumps, regulating valves, pyrometers, barometers, fire engines, tide recorders, gas jet motors, lubricators & turnstiles.
1869 Making Flinn's Bar Cutter, designed by William C Flinn of Nashua, USA
1876 John Bailey and Co, printer's machinists, of Albion Works, Essex St, Oldfield Road, Salford
The business was continued and expanded by John Bailey's son, as W. H. Bailey and Co
Sources of Information
- 'Life and Inventions of Richard Roberts 1789 - 1964' by Richard Hills, Landmark Publishing, 2002
-  David Penney’s Antique Watch Store website: advertisement offering an engraving for sale showing the building and referring to the clock
- Slater's Directory of Manchester and Salford, 1863
- Safety Supplies UK Company Timeline
- 'Engineering' 1st October 1869
- Slater's Directory of Manchester & Salford, 1876