at Hawkesbury, near Coventry
A cast iron arch footbridge of 60 ft span, at the junction of the Coventry Canal and the Oxford Canal. Cast by the Britannia Foundry (Derby), in 1837. J. Sinclair was the engineer.
Note: Britannia Foundry was established by Weatherhead, Glover and Co in 1818. By 1843 it was owned by Thomas Wright, and was taken over by Andrew Handyside and Co in 1848.
See Geograph entry.
Earlier photo here with Hawkesbury pumping station in the background.
Sources of Information
- ↑ 'Civil Engineering Heritage: Eastern & Central England' by E A Labrum, 1998, ICE/Thomas Telford Ltd
- ↑  nuneatonhistory.com