H. and M. Southwell
of The Friars, Bridgnorth and 54 Great Marlborough Street, London
1828 Established by William Southwell and Joseph Southwell, trading as Southwell & Co. The factory stood on the site of an old Franciscan Monastery.
1890 The company was registered on 8 May, to acquire the business of carpet manufacturers of the firm of the same name. 
1910 Exhibited Axminster, Brussels and Wilton carpets at the Brussels Exhibition
1914 Directors: W. Lascelles Southwell, J.P. (Chairman), W. Westcott, Frank M. Southwell, T. Mellor Haigh. Specialities: Brussels, Wilton, Saxony, Axminster Carpets.
Sources of Information
- The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908
- The Times Aug. 17, 1910