Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,439 pages of information and 230,054 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
George William Higham (1862-1904)
1904 Obituary 
After completing his articles, he remained with the Company as an Assistant Engineer until March, 1892, being employed principally upon the erection of Blackfriars railway bridge and the construction of caisson and lock gates at the Barry Docks.
The partnership was dissolved in 1899, and thereafter Mr. Higham practised in London on his own account as a consulting and inspecting engineer, in which capacity he designed, in addition to other works, a large caisson for Barrow-in-Furness, under instructions from Mr. F. Stileman, and a smaller one for Singapore, under Mr. (now Sir William) Shelford.
In 1901 his health, which had always been delicate, completely broke down, compelling him to give up his practice. He nevertheless retained a keen interest in all matters connected with the profession until his death, which took place on the 21st May, 1904.
Mr. Higham was elected an Associate Member of the Institution on the 10th January, 1888, and was transferred to the class of Memhers on the 5th March, 1901.