of Kingsland Road, London (1868)
'Crolls' of 238 Kingsland Road, London, EC4. Telephone: Bishopsgate 7571. Telegraphic Address: "Meter, 'Phone, London"
of Oldham (1909)
1862 Business established (at Kingsland Road, London). The original directors included Alexander Angus Croll and George Rait, Jun and Stephenson Clarke; early share holders were Dr Fraser and H. P. Stephenson
Presumably acquired John West and Co of Oldham at some point
By 1903 had premises in London, Oldham and Dublin (see advert)
1909 Photograph of the company in the works that had belonged to gas meter maker, West and Gregson in Oldham, established 1830 (see picture of the building)
1922 Directors: Sir H. Cowan, F. R. Smith, W. W. Parkinson and J. A. Macleod. Sec. F. W. Church.
1937 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Gas Measuring Apparatus of all kinds, including Meters, Governors, Gauges, Test Meters, Clock controllers, Automatic Time Switches, etc., and the Recorda Money Box for Service Rentals and Tariff Schemes. (Stand Nos. Ca.803 and Ca.702)