G. F. Mucklow
1954 Bio Note 
Professor Mucklow was educated at Rugby School and McGill and Manchester Universities. During 1915-19 he served with the Northumberland Fusiliers and the Anti-Gas Service.
From 1921 to 1922 he acted as research assistant with the Research Association of British Motor and Allied Manufacturers.
In 1922 he was appointed assistant lecturer in engineering at Manchester University, and in 1926 became a lecturer. He was appointed Chance Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Birmingham University in 1940, a position which he still holds.
Professor Mucklow was awarded a Herbert Akroyd Stuart Prize by the Institution in 1933 and again in 1940, and jointly with Dr. F. K. Bannister, B.Sc., in 1948. He was Chairman of the Midland Branch from 1951 to 1953.