part of Ferranti
Based in Moston
1905 After the reorganisation of the company, its focus was on Switch Gear, Transformers and Instruments.
1930 The Electronics Department was set up to manufacture electronic components, which at that time were being manufactured by the Instrument Department.
c.1937 Ferranti Instruments developed various items for scientific measurements, including one of the first cone-and-plate viscometers.