Note: This is a sub-section of Ferranti
1905 After the reorganisation of the company, its focus was on Switch Gear, Transformers and Instruments.
1921 A separate Transformer Division was set up, rebuilding the transformer business which had languished over the past decade.
1957 The Distribution Transformers Department was set up
1967 Closure of the Distribution Transformers Department.
1974 the Transformer Division ran into financial difficulties, which led to the Company accepting help from the National Enterprise Board and a reduction in the Ferranti family shareholding.
1975 The Transformer Division was closed.
1982 Transformer sales were handled by the Professional Components Division (see advert)
Sources of Information
- Biography of S Z de Ferranti, ODNB
- The Times 1 July 1930