Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 126,749 pages of information and 199,760 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of London. Also Easton, Amos and Sons
1843 James Beswick leaves the partnership. '...the Partnership heretofore subsisting between us, James Easton, Charles Edwards Amos, and James Beswick, carrying on the business of Plumbers, at the Grove, Great Guilford-street, in the parish of Saint Saviour, in the borough of Southwark is this day dissolved, by mutual consent...'
1849 Mentions as insolvent debtor James Butterworth, of No. 6, Belvidere-road. Lambeth, Surrey, Clerk and Traveller to Messrs. Easton and Amos, of the Grove, Great Guildford-street, Southwark, Surrey, Engineers, and also Clerk of the District Church of All Saint's, Lambeth.
1850 Easton & Amos beam engine at Taunton Museum (The Museum of Somerset), formerly in Pearsall's Silk Mills, Taunton. Numerous photos of various features of this engine are shown in Easton and Amos Beam Engine in Taunton
c.1855 Four column Woolf-type beam pumping engine for the Ashbridge Estate, Little Gaddesden 
c.1855 Engine for West Butterwick Drainage, Lincs (South Common Area).
Late 1850s: Modernisation works at Alnwick Castle: '....The numerous larders and sculleries have been conveniently placed on one level; and hydraulic lifts from the kitchen to the principal floor also combine to save unnecessary labour: these latter are the engineering works of Messrs. Easton & Amos.' From The Builder. The lift's prime mover, which remains in situ, is unusual, having a large horizontal hydraulic cylinder, apparently working at relatively low pressure, whose piston moves a rack engaging with a pinion driving speed-increasing gearing to turn the winding drum.
1860 Became Easton, Amos and Sons
c.1860 Stationary steam engines for Portsmouth Water Works.
1860 Provided pumps for North Wall Dock, Dublin
1861 Drainage machine for the Somerset Rivers Drainage Board (Westonzoyland Station). This is a two-cylinder steam engine driving Appold centrifugal pump preserved in running order at Westonzoyland Pumping Station Museum. In 2016 it received an Engineering Heritage Award from the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
1863 Beam pumping engine from Cliftonville Pumping Station (Northampton) now preserved at Kew Bridge Steam Museum
1863 Supplied hydraulic lifts for Exeter St David's railway station
c.1863-5 Supplied a hydraulic lift to raise carriages to the carriage and harness sales gallery at Tattersall's auction rooms, Knightsbridge Green
1864 Easton Amos & Sons pumping machine preserved at Curry Moor Pumping Station in Somerset.
1864 Supplied five hydraulic lifts for the Brighton Hotel
1864 Gas pumping engine used at Old Kent Road gasworks. (Exhibit at Birmingham Thinktank museum)
1864 William Anderson joined the company and planned the new works at Erith. The company's business was making pumping machinery of all kinds, centrifugal pumps, cranes, boilers, and paper and sugar machinery.
1864 Engine for Somerset Rivers Drainage Board (Stanmoor Station).
1865 New works at Erith 'are progressing rapidly towards completion'
1865 Easton & Amos supplied five hydraulic lifts to the Langham Hotel, Portland Place, LondonPaisley Herald and Renfrewshire Advertiser - Saturday 17 June 1865
1866 'James Easton the elder, Charles Edwards Amos, James Easton the younger, Edward Easton, Percy Shaw Easton, James Chapman Amos, and William Anderson, carrying on business together as Engineers, Ship Builders, and Iron Workers and Founders, at the Erith Works, Erith; in the county of Kent, expired on the 30th day of June, 1866, by effluxion of time, so far as respects the said James Easton the elder and Charles Edwards Amos' 
1866 Easton, Amos and Sons. Largest makers of the true Appold pump. 
1866 James Easton and C. E. Amos retired from the company which became Easton and Anderson
From 1863 to 1869 a 'new engine and pumping machine' were included in advertisements for the sale of the Northern Estate, Wexford, formerly the property of John Edward Redmond M.P., deceased, reclaimed by the Wexford Harbour Embankment Co.
In 1873 Tunbridge Wells Water Works advertised for sale two Easton & Amos engines: one 1 HP table engine of 6.5" bore, 18" stroke, and one 18 HP beam engine, high and low pressure combined, 2 ft 10" stroke