Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,408 pages of information and 233,867 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Easton Colliery

From Graces Guide

Revision as of 16:07, 6 August 2017 by Cai (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Easton Colliery c. 1900
Easton Colliery, St Gabriel's Road, taken in 2017.

1833 Leonard, Betts and Boult listed as proprietors of the Lower Easton Colliery.[1]

1836 Easton Colliery run by Leonard Boult and Co. following a merger between Davidson and Walters and Leonard, Betts and Boult's two collieries in Lower Easton.

1894 Became part of Bristol United Collieries Ltd.

1900 Became part of Bedminster, Easton, Kingswood and Parkfield Collieries Ltd.

1911 Easton Colliery closed.

See Also


Sources of Information

  1. Mathews' Directory, 1833