Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 115342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Difference between revisions of "Dawson's Croft Mill, Salford"

From Graces Guide
 
Line 3: Line 3:
1846 Advert: 'WE, SAMUEL DAVIDSON DEWHURST and HENRY SAGAR, hereby give notice that we have LET to Mr. WILLIAM WILSON, for a term of 14 years, commencing 29th September, 1846, the DAWSON'S CROFT MILL, in the occupation of Mr. J Harding, together with a new building aojacent thereto: and that the Steam Engine and Boilers, together with the Mill Geering and the Steam Piping in both the buildings, belong to us .... '<ref>Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser - Saturday 31 October 1846</ref>  
1846 Advert: 'WE, SAMUEL DAVIDSON DEWHURST and HENRY SAGAR, hereby give notice that we have LET to Mr. WILLIAM WILSON, for a term of 14 years, commencing 29th September, 1846, the DAWSON'S CROFT MILL, in the occupation of Mr. J Harding, together with a new building aojacent thereto: and that the Steam Engine and Boilers, together with the Mill Geering and the Steam Piping in both the buildings, belong to us .... '<ref>Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser - Saturday 31 October 1846</ref>  


* 1891 Directory: Listed. [[1891 Cotton Mills in Manchester and Salford|More details]]
1891 Directory: Listed. [[1891 Cotton Mills in Manchester and Salford|More details]]
 
The 1849 OS map shows Dawson's Croft Mill on the bank of the River Irwell, close to the railway viaduct leading to Victoria Station.


==See Also==
==See Also==

Latest revision as of 13:24, 30 January 2019

of Greengate, Salford.

1846 Advert: 'WE, SAMUEL DAVIDSON DEWHURST and HENRY SAGAR, hereby give notice that we have LET to Mr. WILLIAM WILSON, for a term of 14 years, commencing 29th September, 1846, the DAWSON'S CROFT MILL, in the occupation of Mr. J Harding, together with a new building aojacent thereto: and that the Steam Engine and Boilers, together with the Mill Geering and the Steam Piping in both the buildings, belong to us .... '[1]

1891 Directory: Listed. More details

The 1849 OS map shows Dawson's Croft Mill on the bank of the River Irwell, close to the railway viaduct leading to Victoria Station.

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser - Saturday 31 October 1846