Colne Valley and Halstead Railway
The Colne Valley and Halstead Railway (CVHR), an independent line.
1856 The company was incorporated. 
1856 The line was authorised on 30 June 1856.
1860 Opened on 16 April 1860 between Chappel (north of Marks Tey) to Halstead, a distance of six miles (10km)).
1859 A 13-mile extension was authorised on 13 August 1859.
1861 1 July Halstead–Castle Hedingham opened.
1862 26 May Castle Hedingham–Yeldham opened.
1863 10 May Yeldham–Haverhill opened.
1865 Physical connection with the Great Eastern Railway (GER) at Haverhill was provided in 1865.
1908 The line is 19 miles in length.
1923 Although close relations were maintained with the GER, the CVHR remained completely independent, until it became part of the London and North Eastern Railway in the 1923 regrouping.
1924 The CVHR station, renamed 'Haverhill South', was closed to passengers in 1924 but remained open for goods until 1965.
1961 The line remained open for passenger traffic until 30 December 1961.
1965 Freight traffic ended, and the line was demolished a year later.
Sources of Information
- The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908
-  Wikipedia