Charlottenhütte was an ironworks near Niederschelden, Germany.
In 1926 Charlottenhütte became the property of Vereinigte Stahlwerke AG. The smelter ownership went to the "Mitteldeutsche Stahlwerke", or "Mittelstahl" for short.
In 1934 Charlottenhütte became part of the AG Siegerland smelting works. In 1942 the heavy plate rolling mill in Niedereldt was shut down. In 1966, due to a lack of sales, the decision was made to shut down the last blast furnace in the Charlottenhütte. In 1968/69 the plant was then leased or sold to Stahlwerke Südwestfalen AG in Geisweid.
See Wikipedia entry.