Caernarvon and Llanberis Railway
Sanctioned in 1864.
Incorporated as the Carnarvon (sic) and Llanberis Railway this 9 mile line ran from the coast to villages near the foot of Snowdon and opened in 1869 in joint ownership with the London and North Western Railway (L&NWR)
The line closed in 1930 and re-opened briefly in 1932 and then used for summer excursions.
Sources of Information
- Encyclopedia of British Railway Companies by Christopher Awdry. Published 1990