Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,949 pages of information and 233,606 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1931 Following a manufacturing and market sharing agreement between Lucas and Robert Bosch A.G., Stuttgart, the well known German manufacturer of electrical equipment for motor vehicles, the name of C. A. Vandervell and Co (in which Bosch had acquired a 49 per cent, interest from Lucas) was changed to C.A.V.-Bosch Ltd. By the agreement made in 1931 between Lucas and Bosch the ownership of Bosch Ltd. was transferred to C.A.V.-Bosch Ltd.
1937 For £294,000 Lucas bought back Bosch's interest in C.A.V.-Bosch Ltd.
1939 C.A.V.-Bosch changed its name to C.A.V. Ltd. This company was concerned almost entirely with the production and supply of electrical and other equipment for heavy vehicles.
1954 Lucas sold Bosch Ltd back to Bosch for the sum of £25,000.
See C. A. V.