Bristol and Clifton Gas Light Co
1823 Company formed to supply gas made from oil
The works were at Canons' Marsh (then known as Lime Kiln Lane). The light was claimed to be four times as brilliant as that from coal-gas.
1836 The price of oil went up and the Bristol and Clifton applied to Parliament to be allowed to use coal
Sources of Information
- Bristol Mercury 13 Nov 1852