Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,438 pages of information and 227,858 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Difference between revisions of "Blackburn Railway"

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
 
+
In March 1847, the [[Blackburn, Darwen and Bolton Railway|Blackburn, Darwen and Bolton Railway Co]] and the [[Blackburn, Clitheroe and North Western Junction Railway|Blackburn, Clitheroe and North Western Junction Railway Co]] agreed to amalgamate, becoming the '''Bolton, Blackburn, Clitheroe and West Yorkshire Railway'''; the necessary Act received Royal Assent on 9 July 1847. The name was shortened to the ''Blackburn Railway'' by a further Act of 24 July 1851.
 
 
In March 1847, the [[Blackburn, Darwen and Bolton Railway]] and the [[Blackburn, Clitheroe and North Western Junction Railway]] agreed to amalgamate, becoming the Bolton, Blackburn, Clitheroe and West Yorkshire Railway; the necessary Act received Royal Assent on 9 July 1847. The name was shortened to the Blackburn Railway by a further Act of 24 July 1851.
 
  
 
Upon the retirement of Mr. [[Charles Vignoles|Vignoles]], [[Terence Woulfe Flanagan]] became the Engineer-in-Chief of the Blackburn Railway Company, and superintended the construction of the lines from Blackburn to Bolton and Clitheroe.
 
Upon the retirement of Mr. [[Charles Vignoles|Vignoles]], [[Terence Woulfe Flanagan]] became the Engineer-in-Chief of the Blackburn Railway Company, and superintended the construction of the lines from Blackburn to Bolton and Clitheroe.

Revision as of 08:18, 5 June 2020

In March 1847, the Blackburn, Darwen and Bolton Railway Co and the Blackburn, Clitheroe and North Western Junction Railway Co agreed to amalgamate, becoming the Bolton, Blackburn, Clitheroe and West Yorkshire Railway; the necessary Act received Royal Assent on 9 July 1847. The name was shortened to the Blackburn Railway by a further Act of 24 July 1851.

Upon the retirement of Mr. Vignoles, Terence Woulfe Flanagan became the Engineer-in-Chief of the Blackburn Railway Company, and superintended the construction of the lines from Blackburn to Bolton and Clitheroe.

The Blackburn Railway opened from Bolton to Blackburn on August 12th 1848, and from Blackburn to Chatburn on June 22nd, 1850. [1]

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information