Blackburn Corporation Tramways
1882 Authorised under the Blackburn Improvements Act of 1882. Constructed by Blackburn Corporation and leased to a private company, the Blackburn Corporation Tramways Company Ltd.
1887 Opened with 4 main routes, two to be operated by horse trams and two by steam power.
1895 the Company decided to adopt electric traction
1897 the Company was offered for sale.
1898 Blackburn Corporation purchased the Company.
Sources of Information
- Local transport history