Bevingtons and Sons
From Graces Guide
of 42 St. Thomas Street, London, SE1. Telephone: Hop 1762. Cables: "Bingtons, London." (1929)
of Neckinger Mills, Abbey Street, London, SE1. Telephone: Bermondsey 2888-2889-3288. Cables: Ditto. (1947)
-  Richard Bevington Born 27th April 1763 and died 15th May 1840, a partner with Bevingtons and Sons, Leather factory Bermondsey 1802 - 1804.
- Timothy Bevington of Camberwell born 16th August 1778, a partner in the firm of Bevingtons and Sons, Leather Factory in Bermondsey from 1802 until 1836.
- Bevingtons Neckinger Mills opened in 1801 and continued production until 1981. Produced light leathers for shoes and fancy goods. Prior to that, Neckinger was a paper mill.  
- 1929 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Seal, Goat, Sheep, Calf and Reptile Leathers for the Fancy and Shoe Trades. Hat Leather Manufacturers. Bark and Sumac Tanners. (Stand No. P.68) 
- 1947 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Producers of Light leathers: Sheep, Skivers**, Crocodile, Reptiles, Fancy Calf, Seals, Pigskins, Goats. (Earls Court, 1st Floor, Stand No. 400g) 
- Note: **
- Skiver - a split sheepskin leather [origin: Old Norse].