E. E. Baguley of Shobnall Road, Burton-on-Trent
1902 Company formed with earlier connections with Thornewill and Warham
1911 The firm was formed as Baguley (Cars) Ltd by Ernest Edwin Baguley formerly of W. G. Bagnall in the old Ryknield Motor Co lorry works. They started building road vehicles and moved on to railcars, inspection cars, locomotives and rolling stock.
1913-1917 For a list of the models and prices of Cars see the 1917 Red Book.
1913-1917 For a list of the models and prices of Petrol Motor Commercial Vehicles see the 1917 Red Book.
1915 Purchased from the liquidator the assets of McEwan Pratt and Co.
1920 Built five production AE 20/25 cars
1920 The name changed to Baguley (Engineers) Ltd. That year they introduced a petrol-hydraulic locomotive.
1919-28 They built 32 locomotives and nine power units for steam railcars.
Later became Baguley-Drewry
Sources of Information
- British Steam Locomotive Builders by James W. Lowe. Published in 1975. ISBN 0-905100-816