Airscrew Company and Jicwood
of Weybridge, Surrey
1923 Company founded by J. D. Titler to manufacture airscrews, fans, etc.
1931 Incorporated as a private company.
1932 Dr H. C. Watts joined as technical director..
1936 Became public company, Airscrew Co. Specialised in wooden airscrews treated by the Schwarz process to make them waterproof. Was considering taking a licence on the Samsonow process for detachable wooden blades for variable pitch ariscrews. Business was expanding as the demand was mainly for replacement blades for existing aircraft.
1937 Airscrew designers and manufacturers. 
1938 Expanding the ventilation and cooling fans activity; formed subsidiary in conjunction with Messrs Halila of London; this was called Jicwood Ltd; concerned with manufacture of wood with thermosetting resin, aircraft and commercial plywood and compressed wood using the Samsonow process; recently developed a wooden staveless barrel. Production plant installed at Weybridge
1939 See Aircraft Industry Suppliers
1950 Name changed to Airscrew Company and Jicwood
1955 Manufacturers of Weyroc, the famous man-made timber, and Hardec, the decorative plastic surfaced board.
1960 British Match announced large investment to make the company the largest manmade timber producer in the world.
1961 Manufacturers of airscrews and fans. 678 employees. 
Sources of Information
- The Times, 29 March 1932
- The Times, 13 May 1936
- 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries
- The Times, 26 July 1938
- The Times, 17 May 1957
- The Times, 20 November 1958
- The Times, 26 January 1960
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE
- The Times, 13 December 1973