A. W. Hamilton and Co
Ship repairers, boilermakers and engineers, Prince's Dock, Belfast
1894 Established to carry on the business of ship repairers. With the closure of David Scott and Sons Limited, Hamiltons were left as the only repair business in Belfast, apart from Harland and Wolff and took over part of Scott's yard.
1962 The business was incorporated as A. W. Hamilton and Company Limited. In the 1980s the company moved to Newtonards, where it manufactured chemical processing machinery, boilers and tanks.
Sources of Information
- Shipbuilding and Shipping Record 1 October 1959, p263
- L. A. Ritchie, The Shipbuilding Industry: A Guide to Historical Records (1992)