A. W. Hamilton and Co
Ship repairers, boilermakers and engineers, Prince's Dock, Belfast
1894 Established to carry on the business of ship repairers. With the closure of David Scott and Sons Limited, Hamiltons were left as the only repair business in Belfast, apart from Harland and Wolff and took over part of Scott's yard.
1962 The business was incorporated as A. W. Hamilton and Company Limited.
Sources of Information
- L. A. Ritchie, The Shipbuilding Industry: A Guide to Historical Records (1992)